Monday, May 05, 2008

House Anticipation

We're still waiting on word about the house. Quinn says he thinks we'll get it. Maybe we'll know today. I have a feeling the next two weeks are going to be CRAZY.
I kind of hope so, actually. I think crazy-busy is the only way I'll be able to not think about leaving my world of security and jumping into the black abyss of the unknown. (Maybe a little overdramatic- maybe).

I have library books to return today and I'm thinking of going to Irondale to return them so that I can swing over to the Habitat for Humanity Outlet store. You can donate stuff for the cause of Habitat for Humanity, but you can also buy their surplus for super cheap. It's like a thrift store for housing items. If we get the house, we'll probably get our floors (brand new Pergo for CHEAP)and maybe light fixtures and fans (we'll have to see what's available) from there. I'm fighting the urge the go to Sam's and buy enough toilet paper to stock us for a year. We're almost out again. AGAIN! I hate buying toilet paper. I also have this thing (in my crazy head) that I have to have everything we'll need this summer BEFORE we move into the house. Why can't I go to Sam's AFTER we move in? Because I know where the Birmingham Sam's are located. That's a good reason. I AM going to Aldi before we leave to get milk at $1.99 each. We'll chunk it into coolers for the four hour drive to Mississippi so that I'm stocked for a week and a half. I will miss Aldi's cheapness. I actually did speak to an Aldi bigwig this week (at Roebuck's Grand Opening store) and asked when there would be an Aldi coming to Jackson. Not anytime soon, unfortunately, but for you folks in St. Clair county, there's something in the works!

Hopefully, my next post will be something like "We got the house!". Stay tuned...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sam's Club
6360 Ridgewood Ct. Dr.
Jackson, MS 39211
(601)977-0139

(601)977-0948 - Pharmacy

Club Hours:
M-Fr: 10:00 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Sa: 9:00 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Su: 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m

Missy said...

How nice is anonymous!

I've been to that Habitat store, it is great. Some of the stuff is trash, but the new boxes of flooring are amazing.
Good luck!
We'll come over one day this week.

Anne Marie W. said...

Kim, we have a white ceiling fan/light fixture you can have if you want it. Let us know what else you need, we'd love to help.

Kim said...

Thanks Anne Marie, we'll definitely take you up on that.

Anonymous said...

I predict craziness the next two weeks. It will be a good thing, to keep your mind focused on what must be done and less on what you are leaving behind. I'll have to check out that thrift store. I'm determined to go one of these days if I can stay away from the bathroom long enough! I've heard lots of new things are finally making their way out here. Publix is suppose to come out to Moody and now an Aldi's in St. Clair county, how fabulous is that. I'm sure in a matter of weeks when you move you'll have Jackson figured out like the back of your hand.

heather said...

Peanut butter jelly, peanut butter jelly. All day stuck in my head thank you so much. I missed running today.