Monday, May 12, 2008

Hangin' out with O'Jay and Chelle




O'Jay is what my babies call Quinn's cousin Jason. I think Silas did it. Jason and Michelle had us over for dinner last night and it was fabulousness. They are our only blood family in Birmingham and I'm sad that we're leaving them. However, the consolation is that Grandma's house is in Mississippi and we congregate there for holidays. I feel bad for people who don't get to go to Grandma's in Mississippi.

Brittney (my oldest niece) cut my hair last night (you can kind of tell in the picture) and I love it! Shorter, but not as short as I was thinking earlier (I chickened out a bit)- I can still pull it up in a ponytail- but with lots of layers. Michelle dried my hair for me using a round hairbrush (the way her hairstylist does it) and I really want a round brush now. I am a bit of an idiot with a round brush, since it gets caught in my hair everytime I use one. But maybe next time...

It was good to sit with family. We laughed and joked and had general good times all around. I love that we've gotten close to them. I actually refer to them as brother-in-law and sister-in-law and my children have always known them as Uncle Jay (O'Jay) and Aunt Chelle. I love that they love my kids. Thanks for having us over, guys. We love you all...

7 comments:

Amy said...

I like your new cut! Brittney did a great job.

Virginia said...

Your hair looks FAB! I mean, it always looks gorgeous to me anyways, but it's seriously cute. :)

Stef Layton said...

Great new cut! Very sassy. I know what you mean about grandma's for holidays - we ALWAYS go to Aunt Lisa's (in Laurel, Mississippi) for Thanksgiving - we add in Christmas presents and call it ThanksMas. Praying your new house works out soon!

Missy said...

I just got a round brush after this last haircut. It's not as scary as you might think. Try it!
I will have to come over today and really see your hair!
My children are already wearning bathing suites. I guess I should call you right now. :)

Anonymous said...

I love your hair. Did you feel like you lost 10 pounds when it came off? That is a good length, still long enough to put up and out of your face. I have to let mine grow out again so I can put it up when new baby gets here.

JBL said...

Had a blast. Always love hanging w/ you'ns. Missing you already. See you at G'ma's next month!

Scott H said...

Shamless Plug to all you friends of Kim and Quinn.
We will be having a going away party for them this Friday night at our house. If you are their friends, you are welcome. Email me if you need directions or more info. scott@tandeptg.com