Thursday, May 08, 2008

As Inigo Montoya says, "I hate wait..."

The last few days have been difficult. It has been hard for me to trust in God that we will have a place to live. Married housing is available, but only the two bedroom. I am tired of waiting, but waiting is what is on the agenda. Tomorrow we head out for Jackson to see what we can find. I have been encouraged by friends who have told me how quickly they were able to acquire their houses. I'm very blessed to be in my church; friends have jumped to help with the children while we are gone. Thanks. I'm praying for resolution.

On a different note, I'm in love with big rubbermaid containers that match. I like stacking them and I like putting them in my closet. This is a new concept for me; everything used to sit in laundry baskets or old boxes. With my friends Heather's help, I organized my closet, organized pictures, and boxed my shoes. I keep looking in my closet because it is so organized. And pretty! Perhaps this will spur me on to future organizational efforts. Everything is ready to pack in the moving truck, with the exception of clothes. Clarify, everything in my closet is ready to pack. I'm nowhere near done with the house. Yikes. Maybe more today. For the first time in our moving history, I have cleaned out closets and under beds BEFORE the day of the move and I hope it makes a big difference in moving day. What usually happens is that there is junk everywhere the day of the move and it fills up most of the van. And it takes me hours to clean up. I am hoping we can avoid this.

So another day goes...

5 comments:

Amy said...

Bless your heart, I know this is tough, but you will glorify God in the end, He will prove faithful once again!

Ginger said...

Let me know if you're packing today- I can help...

Anonymous said...

How I loath moving. When I begin packing, I have everything neatly organized and labeled clearly in boxes. When the moving day gets here I usually shove everything that is left into garbage bags and hope it makes it to wherever we are going in one place. When we moved to the apartment after we got married our truck was completely full. Mainly with Brian's college crap. I made him throw a bunch of stuff away when we bought the house. I hate moving junk from one place to another. Maybe you can get some stuff done today, it is forcasted to rain.

Anonymous said...

I {heart} rubbermaid! I'm proud of your organizational efforts. You will definitely see the fruits of your labor on moving day and even unpacking the truck.

Cheryl said...

Kim, your mom and dad moved several times in their early marriage and she had moving down to a science. Tom helped them move to Memphis, TN. I remember him saying that by the time he and your dad had unloaded the last item from the truck, your mom had completely unpacked and put away everything else! Obviously she got all the organizational genes designated for our family and the rest of us are stuck with none!