Thursday, April 03, 2008

Things I am thinking about...

I wish I could open the windows, but everytime I do, there is a fine layer of pollen dust on everything.


I updated a couple of fashion links. Whimsical Nerd has become a new favorite. She's witty and she dresses cute. I think that probably her style is more Madison Russell or Ashley Brumlow (some cute teenagers at my church who like vintage eighties clothes) which I could NOT pull off (I'm too old), but I love her writing style. Blog Fashion is definitely more my style of dressing. I certainly love her shoe collection. I have a host of other links I need to add, but I don't feel like doing it right now. I promised Laura Morgan I would post the link to Whimsical Nerd.


I've been feeling kind of blah since our company, Weyland and Katie, left. I cannot post about their situation, but please be in prayer for them as they are trying to adopt a baby.


I'm still wearing my pj's.


I made banana bread with my boys earlier and it smells delish. I'm very proud of my boys. They are sweet and smart. I'm so thankful that God gave me my family.


I need to take down my Christmas card wreath. I don't know why I like to leave it up. I like to look at the pictures of my friends and family, I guess. Quinn just looks at the wreath (you know the look), then looks at me (you know that look, too). Maybe tomorrow.


I want to go to the beach. And read a good book.


I found an ENORMOUS, white, floppy hat the other day at Walmart for $2.00. I love it! It just reeks of "Hello, dahling... please bring a lovely iced tea whilest I lay here on the lounge... thank you, luv". I will be called snotty this summer for wearing it, but I don't care. I really just don't want anymore ENORMOUS freckles on my face.


On April 19th, our church is hosting our famous annual women's luncheon. I look forward to it every year. This year our theme is "Life, Joy, Pleasure". There are different seminars before lunch (this year I'm doing a seminar about dressing fashionably for cheap- nope, not at all nervous about that). Different women host tables (set with their own china) and we have a fabulous speaker and great music. If you'd like to come, just let me know. Childcare is $5.00 per kid. It's always a good time.


I'm excited about running a 5K on Saturday with Paige and Heather. Again, if you think you could never, EVER start running, then take a look at this link on training for a 5K. The title "The Couch to a 5K plan" should encourage you a little... I've loved training for it again.


Well, it certainly is nearly 1:00 now and I'm still in my pajamas. My kitchen is gross and I probably should vaccuum and sweep before piano lessons at 2:00. The banana bread is distracting me; I must go cut a slice...

Later peeps.

5 comments:

Virginia said...

Yeah, our Christmas cards are still up too. I just walk by them and smile. And then think, "Oh yeah. It's April."

I have great intentions of adding them to my Christmas scrapbook, but alas, earwax. (And if you had read Harry Potter, you'd know what I was referring to!!) ;)

Love the link to Whimsical Nerd. My favorite is still Kasmira's blog (the What I Wore 2day one). Her style is so artsy yet sophisticated. Love it.

Anonymous said...

I noticed your wreath the other day but didn't say anything. I just assumed you wanted to leave the pictures up. Nothing wrong with that. Good luck with the run on Saturday. Would join you but can't!

Missy said...

Maybe we could make you a spring picture wreath and just transfer the pictures then everyone would be happy happy happy!

I was looking at that What I wore today blog the other day. How old is she? Like she looks like she's supposed to be young, but looks old to me. I think its the hair.

OK...I am done.
Oh, I'm not...I was just reading in the local magazine about the 5K you are running in and about the little girl its in honor of. Very sad.

Now I am done.

Kimmipeach@gmail.com said...

i just bookmarked the couch to 5k page. i printed out the stretches to use. (i've never run because i wanted to. lol) thanks for the info, friend.

Londyn said...

Thanks for the honorable mention :)

I love reading your thoughts. --banana bread sounds delish, I am craving the beach and good book too, oh, and also that big floppy hat!