Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Thanks

Thank you for the encouragement, friends and family. I always feel silly after I vent, but I know it's not good to wallow in my "depths of despair". It's very easy for me to get there. How easy it is for me to forget who I am! I attended a Bible study based on a book called "the Safest Place on Earth" taught by my friend Crissy. It made me see how good it is to be able to talk to friends about being discouraged and how awesome the love of Christ is.

Did you ever think the Old Testament Israelites were complete idiots? These people just couldn't pull it together! They were given chance after chance and still would fail, be punished, and then repent. The same cycle over and over. And still He loved them and called them to Himself. How stupid am I? These people are my example. This is what we do as believers. My life is a constant cycling of repentance, discontent, rebellion, punishment, repentance. And yet He loves me. I forget so easily who I am. And yet, I am still who I am, even in my forgetfulness. I am still His daughter. His love is perfect. I am a narcissisistic fool. And He loves me. I am wallowing in self-pity. And He calls me. I am distracted by my own desires and sin. And He has already forgiven me.

Thanks for the reminder. I'll probably fall on my face again. And again...

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I loooooove that book, Safest Place on Earth!

Michelle said...

oh and I just saw all your comments from yesterday...you have a LOT of people who love you girl! You're so lovely.

Michelle said...

So sorry, it's me again but I thought this would especially cheer you up. Did you know Over the Rhine is coming to Work Play in Feb?

Anonymous said...

Don't we all? We all fall on our face, it's a constant up and down hill for our walk with Christ. It happens but we have that reassureance that it's going to be ok, if you have Christ. Even when you are so blinded by your insecurities that you can't see Christ. I'm sure I've got a good wallowing coming up very soon!

Marsha said...

I'm so glad you are working this out with the help of the Lord's tender mercies. I prayed for you last evening. I knew there was nothing I could say that hadn't been said. You are blessed to have the support system you have.
You're on the right path and going about it correctly...when you're down, you get back up.
Love you, Kimmy Sue.