Friday, January 18, 2008

Random, R-, R-, Random

Calling for snow tonight and tomorrow morning. Pretty cool. It means I can't go anywhere, but it will be cool for the kids and picture opps. Yes, I'm one of those people who freaks out about wintry weather. It's the Florida Girl in me. The other day we had a field trip to the Vulcan Rock Quarry in Helena and it started to sleet. Paige and I rode together and she kept telling me that the road was too warm for the sleet to set. I do not like to drive in sleet, snow, or rain, for that matter. So, I'm home. Well, this morning I'll probably go to Food World and load up on bread and milk. Yep, can't have too much milk and bread for the big snow-in.

My mother-in-law lent me The Phantom of the Opera over Christmas. And now I'm completely obsessed with it. I love everything about the movie. The cinematography is amazing, Gerard Butler as the phantom is very good (understatement - he's my favorite character), Emmy Rossum as Christine is beautiful and talented, and I LOVE the music. Of course, I'm singing the songs all the time and annoying everyone who knows me. I've watched it five times this month. I will probably watch it again today. I woke up this morning and googled the actors from the movie. I NEVER do that. I'm also learning that people do not like this movie as much as I do. My husband hates the movie. He does not like that they sing their dialogue. He took me to see it in the movie theatre in 2004 when I was pregnant with Felix. I loved it so much that I cried, and I heard him groan inwardly everytime that they started singing... again. When we got home he raised his arms and sang (opera style) "I'm going to the bathroom nooowwwww!" Droll.

I think I'm going to make Spicy Black Eyed Pea Soup today. Yummo. Oh, you want the recipe? Sure. 3-4 cans black-eyed peas, 1 can Rotel tomatoes, 1 can diced tomatoes, 1 chopped onion, 2 cloves chopped garlic, 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp ground mustard, 1 tsp curry, and 1 tbsp of oregano. Saute onion and garlic in olive oil in a big pot until onion is soft. Add everything else and one can of water. I don't drain any of the cans. Bring to a boil and then set heat to low. Allow to simmer for at least an hour. (optional, cook up four pieces of bacon and crumble up to put on top) Good with french bread or cornbread.

Laura Morgan asked me to go shopping with her last night. Ginger went too. Even if I do say so myself, I'm a pretty good personal shopper. I love to go shopping with people and help them decide what looks good and what doesn't. It's very fun for me. I think it's because I'm bossy and controlling and I want you to do what I say. Hmmm, doesn't that sound like fun? Call me!

I'm glad today is Friday. I have mostly caught up on my lesson plans. I will hopefully finish today while I'm watching Phantom of the Opera.

Pickle juice was spilt in my fridge and my house smells like pickles. I need to clean it today. Or tomorrow. Pickle juice really isn't that bad of a smell actually. I'll probably endure it a while longer. And yesterday I made a pecan pie, so now the house smells like pickle juice and pecan pie. Mmmmm...

Crissy Sharp needs to lend me the book she said she would lend me. I need a good book.

I think everyone should have a two year old in the house at all times. It brings me never-ending entertainment (and clean-up). His new thing is sticking pencils in the toothpaste and bringing the pencils to me saying "I brush my teeth, momma?" Three times Wednesday. Once yesterday. That's entertainment.

I think I'm going to make some coffee now. Have a good Friday!

8 comments:

Missy said...

MMMM...good day for Spicey BEP soup!
Why don't you bring me some ;)
Yes, you had better stock up on milk and bread. I heard we're getting 6 inches of snow!
Bwaa Ha Ha!!!

An annoying person next door was trying to wake somebody up this morning and they layed on the horn for long periods of time off and on for 45 minutes this morning. They knocked on the door so loud that I could hear it at my house!
Just thought I would share that bit of info with you.

Have a nice comfy day mi amiga!

MattD said...

I feel more and more sympathetic for Quinn everyday....he needs to come over and hang out with me and Heather while we watch Ultimate Fighting...YEAH! Maybe we can turn you to the dark side...turn some of that girly side into the wild side...

MattD said...

Oh..I noticed the pictures are getting BIGGER...what was that word again Nar..something

Marsha said...

Hi Kimmy! Thanks for sharing with me how to make a new header! I love my new header...it is so easy and fun. I only wish you could write across the picture. I didn't see a way to do that.

I also love POTO! Mike actually does well with it too, although he gets silly (yes, he can get silly) and sings his way to the potty like Quinn. That's okay, though. I do that all the time.

Rachel said...

i want to be in on the randomness. and the soup.

Anonymous said...

All my family from lower Alabama are in a panic. They hear snow and they think blizzard. My mom is driving me nuts today, God love her. I enjoyed what I saw of Phantom. I could watch it again! And I'd pay money to see Quinn do that again. Funny!

heather said...

I love that you love The Phantom I don't think I would have enjoyed it as much without Paige and I signing along our made up version.

Crissy said...

Oh, Heather, I'm sure that drove Kim crazy! Sorry I missed it.

And Kim,now you have the wonderful book just in time for the blizzard! Hurrah for Crissy!!! Well Amber actually, it's her book.