I've been trying to think of some of the things that I like or that I would recommend to others for a list to cheer me out of this January blah-ness.
- Windex. I love the blue stuff. I clean everything with it. It smells good and it doesn't bleach my clothes when I clean. Incidentally, I cannot eat blue Jello, blue popsicles, or drink anything blue because it looks EXACTLY like Windex. I've thought that since I was a kid. Why do they call that flavor "blue raspberry" anyway? I think Sonic calls it "blue coconut". Original. I've always thought it should be called "Windex" flavored. Probably wouldn't sell as good. My kids love blue-flavored anything.
- Baby Oil. It is so good to keep my eczema away. The secret is to put it on when you are not dry yet from a shower and then pat yourself dry. Then seal it with some heavy lotion. It really helps, although I have to wear a robe for at least 30 minutes so I don't get greasy marks on my clothes. Any generic brand will do. I love the face that Paige made when she dropped Landy off for piano lessons the other day and asked if I needed anything from the store. I told her "baby oil" because I had run out and I absolutely need it in the wintertime. Aforesaid face was made. I hurriedly tried to explain about the eczema and she stopped me: "You don't need to tell me, I'll just get it for you." Perve.
- Ghirardelli Bittersweet Chocolate Chips. Yummo. They are cheap and they taste SOOO much better than regular semi-sweet chocolate chips. Usually, I just have some on hand so I can pop a couple when I get a chocolate hankering.
- GoLean Cereal. Quinn thinks it tastes like cardboard, but I love it. It has 13 grams of protein and 10 grams of fiber per serving! I'm full until lunch. I'm actually a tad bit obsessed with it right now (go figure) and must have it everyday. I actually snuck a box to Grandma's at Christmas so I could eat it for breakfast. Why did I sneak it? So Quinn wouldn't tease me. He saw it anyway and called me an old lady.
- Mexican Train Dominoes. So fun with a lot of people. We bought it on New Year's Eve and I actually just keep it in the car, just in case we have a Mexican Train emergency. You never know.
- Water. Don't even get me started on water. I drink it all day, everyday. Helps with EVERYTHING! Keeping your face clear, keeps your body regular (gross), helps with weight management, helps flush illness out of your body (I've actually heard on the news lately that drinking water is better than taking cough medicine when you're sick) and it is said to help keep your brain healthy. I have a very healthy brain. I guess that is subjective though (no comments from MattD please).
- The Couch to a 5K plan. This is a great running plan. Seriously thought I could never (ever) run a 5K and this plan starts you off very slow. I'm training for it again with some ladies and planning on doing another 5K very soon. It shocked me the first time I ran two miles without stopping. I couldn't believe it! No cramps or anything. You honestly don't even realize you're training. Check it out.
- Accessory Heaven. Located at Patton Creek shopping center behind the Galleria, next to Ross (which I also love). This place has super cheap accessories: sunglasses: 2 for $10, a wall of 3 pieces for $5, watches:2 for $15, cute handbags that range from $10 to $25, and really cute shoes. I got my niece, Brittney, a super cute yellow necklace, earrings, and bracelet from there for Christmas. The whole set was under $10 and it looked like giant lemonheads. In a good way. I'm also getting pretty sick of the Galleria. Everytime I go there now, the people who run the kiasks just attack you while trying to hawk there wares. Very annoying. We passed this one kiask 5 times and they got us everytime. RECOGNIZE ME! I don't want you to straighten my hair with your super-amazing product!
- Phantom of the Opera. Still. Just grind it up and stick it in a needle so that I can inject it. I'm pretty much watching it by myself now. Everybody else is sick of it. I woke up this morning singing this song. It's my least favorite song in the whole movie. Minnie Driver does play a good diva though. Anybody up for Phantom tonight?
Well, that did cheer me up a bit. It sure is pretty today, even though the high is 41 degrees. I think I'm going to listen to some Over the Rhine now and break out the Windex.