Tuesday, November 06, 2007

My Candy, Momma


I was standing at the front door this morning saying goodbye to Quinn when it occurred to me that I hadn't seen Felix for a few minutes. "Felix!" I called to him inside the house and got no answer (he usually comes running), so I stepped outside and called him as Quinn was driving down the driveway. I didn't remember seeing him go outside. I stepped back inside and called him again, a little more frantically,"FELIX!". This time he came running, with his mouth barely closing because there was so much candy in it. Peanut butter candy, of which he is allergic to. I immediately pulled it out and threw it in the garbage, hoping that it wouldn't cause him to break out. I went into my bedroom and saw that he had been hiding on the opposite side of the bed, sneaking candy. The little sinner. I shook my head and was relieved about my candy decision.


The candy left in a big bag this morning to go to the church with Quindy dindy do. Thank goodness. For some reason, every year I desire to go trick or treating for an hour to two hours so we can "stock up" on candy. I do achieve this goal. And then one week later, I'm so sick of seeing the candy that I want to throw it away. I'm also tired of every 30 minutes to an hour the boys asking me for more candy. Felix doesn't ask; he demands: "My candy, Momma" or "I need candy, Momma!" He tries to sneak it all the time. Stinker. Lately he's started this new thing of trying to force his way upon me by looking at me sternly, doubling up his chin and telling me in a deep (baby) voice what he wants and pointing his finger at me. It's hard not to laugh. Anyway, I am generally tired of waking up feeling like patootie because I ate so much chocolate the previous day. I'm ready for it to go. To the church. Where I'm at almost every day. Hmmm, maybe not such a good decision. Anybody want some candy?

9 comments:

Michelle said...

You are so good at describing things. I have a perfect picture of it all in my head. So funny!

Missy said...

Thanks for sharing your candy yesterday since we didn't rack up like you did!

Laura said...

So funny -- G-daddy took some of our candy to the church this morning, too.

Here's an idea for you -- if you have some left, take it to co-op on Friday, call it an end-of-co-op party, and you'll be a hero.

Marsha said...

Better yet, give it away as a PRIZE to the person who comes the farthest distance on Saturday to the Christmas Bazaar!

Missy said...

I guess that means we're coming!

Anonymous said...

Good grief, everytime I walk by the candy bowl on my counter I want to puke. I'm sick of it! You can have mine to take to co-op if you like, Miss Hill. My mind is saying "Come on, Lissa, just one snickers won't hurt." But my digestive system is saying "I NEED BROCOLLI!!!!" You know something with vitamins and fiber. Oy.

Anonymous said...

We're planning to take our candy to the youth group on Wednesday night. Wayne always chooses the "good" candy (chocolate) that we will like "if" we have some leftover. He chooses not one, but two bags of the Costco packages. We had eight-two trick or treaters, gave them a few candies each and still have some leftover. Of course, Mr. Discipline doesn't touch it so I might as well inject it straight into my hips.

Holiday candy seems like a recurring problem, come to think of it. Every August I finally break down and eat the Easter Bunny he puts directly in the freezer after I give him his basket. Somehow he telephatically detects this infraction and inevitably will ask about it the next day, "I think I'll eat that chocolate bunny today." "You mean the one with his little cottontail butt missing?" I innocently ask.

Kim, I think I'll save the candy after all - do you like Almond Joy?

Rachel Garcia, CD(DONA) said...

oh my ...well at least your boys are coffee junkies.. my husband lets them help make coffee when he is off work.. then they want to drink it. of course they only get to lick the spoon but as many times as they do..they may as well be drinking outta the cup.

thats their version of candy i guess.

Kim said...

Cheryl, I actually do not like Almond Joy at all. I do not like coconut with candy. German Chocolate Cake, yes. Coconut Cream Pie, yes. Chocolate with coconut, no. Not sure why.
Silas is coming down to me every morning announcing how many more days 'til we go to Florida. Can't wait to see ya'll!