Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sopapilla Cheesecake and Friends

Oh yeah. You read that right. We invited some friends over for dinner last night and she made this de-li-cious dessert right before we ate, so that it would still be hot for dessert. Girl after my own heart. Oh my. It was very, very, V.E.R.Y. good.

I will share:
2 pkg (8oz) cream cheese (softened)
2 pkg crescent rolls
1&1/2 cups sugar
1 stick of butter (melted)
cinnamon to taste
Grease 9x13 pan. Roll one pkg of crescent rolls out flat on bottom of pan. Pinch edges together to make crust. Mix 1 cup of sugar with all the cream cheese. Cover with 2nd pkg of crescent rolls, pinched together to make crust. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup sugar on top. Sprinkle cinnamon on top of sugar. Pour melted butter over cinnamon sugar. Bake @350 degrees for 30 minutes. We ate it with ice cream.
So, so good.

We had another seminary family over last night. They have three little girls and the boys had a ball. And then Lincoln and Melinda stopped by, sans children, to chitty chat. It was glorious. We are planning a day trip to a place called Twin Lakes in three weeks with their family.

Today looks like Fay, Fay, and more Fay. Followed by three more days of Fay. I want to stay home and read books. And watch Jane Eyre again (Crissy, you didn't say I had to return it right away... Must finish obsession first).

My house is clean (for the first time in a week), my laundry is done, and I am gloriously sipping my coffee. Enjoy your Sunday.

4 comments:

KT said...

I know, I've made Sopapilla Cheesecake twice this week. It is the best!

Texas Aggie in Florida said...

I don't know girl. I love sopapillas. And I sorta like cheesecake. But the two together??? hmmmm...

Amy said...

That is good!

We have had Fay for days now, it is really strange to see so many cloudy days, but we really needed the rain. But it makes me sleepy...zzz

Missy said...

I just so happen to have one pack of crescents in my fridge. HMMM...

I am glad you are making friends in the land of Mississippi.