Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Registered

The boys are all set for school! They met their teachers today. I'm so happy about their teachers. A very young, energetic, newly certified gal for Silas and an older, patient, Momma-type for Corin. Corin's teacher actually reminds me of my mom, who is patient and is full of ideas for kids. He was initially shy and hardly responded to her, but she showed him a trick to remember his 9 times tables, and got down on her knees to talk to him, face to face. He even gave her a hug before we left. I was happy. As you know, Corin was the one I was most concerned about with public school, so I'm happy to see such a sweet, nurturing lady as his teacher. Silas and his teacher, I feel confident, will be dancing together in his class before next week is over. She's spunky. God is gracious and meets our needs.

Update on running into a pole:

I have had a slight headache today, and just a couple instances of dizziness. I'm relieved I didn't have to call in sick. I nearly ran into it (the pole) AGAIN today (my hand was up and hit it first- no fractures). Unbelievable. Do I not see things that are directly in front of my vision? Anyhoo... I've been able to function all day and endure teasing from the music teacher. She was labeling things in her room today (chalkboard, piano, chair) for our kindergarten and 1st graders and told me she was going to label the pole "POLE" for my benefit. Hysterical. She is actually very funny and I love her sense of humor. She's fun to work with.

And now:
For the benefit of all my readers (but especially Missy-who loves when I tell what I'm doing-and who's 33rd birthday is tomorrow). I will tell you what I'm doing next.

Washing dirty laundry.
Brushing teeth.
Washing face.
Putting children to bed by 7:30.
Putting my slightly headachy self to bed by 7:45.
Goodnight.

Happy Pre-Birthday Melissa Reta, Meter Maid.

6 comments:

Kristi said...

I cannot stop laughing!!! When I read it to Nick he said, "is she hitting her car into the pole?" No of course not, she is walking into it! I'm not sure if that sounded any better. Didn't Dad used to call you Grace? Love you!

Leah said...

I'm so glad you didn't end up with a concussion! I hope the headache will go away soon.

Marsha said...

Only you Kimmy Sue! Only you!

Missy said...

I love the pole labeling. That is killing me!
Thank you for my bday well wishes. 33...long way from 18. Frown and smile!

Amy said...

I am so excited for you that the boys have great teachers! Sounds like it is going to be a fun year!

Anonymous said...

bless your heart, and i say that sincerely!!! not fakey! glad to hear the boys are registered and things are settling into a routine for you all. i look forward to see where god takes you on all of this!